2016! How did I get so old?? Geez. :p I vividly remember the year 2000 and everyone being scared of the millenium bug. (OK, I don't remember it THAT vividly, but anyway.)
Since I liked my list of new year's resolutions of last year - it's a much more workable system than untangible stuff like 'lose weight' or 'start working out' - I decided to make a new list! Here are the things I want to do in 2016:
- Get an actual paid job (working on it!)
- Start and maintain a blog (also working on it!)
- Do more hiking. I want to be able to walk at least 15 kms a day. I got a book on pilgrimage sites in the Netherlands, which should be interesting (I find walking easier when I have a goal instead of just wandering).
- Read at least 52 books this year (my Goodreads challenge)
- Read a book in French and try and write a little in French
- Practice playing my tin whistle more
- Visit Ireland in the spring, Assisi (italy) in the fall (around my birthday, October 4), and maybe Bath in the summer if it works out financially and time-wise.
Sewing & embroidery
- Sew a corset
- Sew a quilt
- Sew a pair of pants
- Toss out most of my old skirts (they don't fit anymore anyway) and replace them with skirts I made myself
- Embroider a Harry Potter bookmark
- Embroider a larger piece than a bookmark. :p
- Most of the stuff I didn't do last year, particularly Galadriel, Nennir and Celestarium.
- Finish Rogue
- Strokkur for when I go to Iceland
- A Sky Scarf for 2016 (to replace my Ravenclaw scarf, and I like the concept)
- A Dragon Wing Cowl
- Celtic Myths shawl (the site is in German but it has a picture)
- Song of the Sea cowl
- October Leaves fingerless mitts
- Actually finish a crochet project!
Drawing & other papery art
- Continue plein air drawing (perhaps combined with hiking)
- Practice calligraphy more
- Try out illuminating something
- Try and make a book (again)
Lots of stuff to do, let's start doing them!